Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Four Letter Words: GREY

If I were a color today, I would be GREY 



- neither here nor there, right smack in the middle of the whole range of colors, fence-sitting on a rainbow.



But I am rather liking this grey state - the ambiguity of it all, the expecting-something-to-pop-up feeling, the waiting, the half-awake, half-asleep state.


It requires nothing from me and I seek no instructions from it.  The greyness covers me and blankets me in an unexpectedly warm cocoon.



It whispers -- WAIT and REST



A soft light keeps me company and it helps illluminate the shadows lurking in the grey mist so they are no longer as frightening as before.

I move around as usual, and no one really notices I am covered in grey and that is fine. I don't want them to notice and ask.  I don't want to have to explain the words WAIT and REST.

Today I lost my voice. It started yesterday with an uneasy scratchiness and a dry cough and when I woke up this morning, no sound came out of my throat.   Hmmm - the greyness is whispering something else to me -- BE QUIET, LISTEN, WATCH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work.

Kimscustomcaps said...

Wonderful words and such a great idea! We should all be quiet more often! Thanks!
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...