Sunday, May 9, 2010

Feeling the Heat

It is unbearably HOT here in Manila. I won't even dare check how high the temperature is.  It has been the hottest summer I ever experienced -- and I think it will be worse next year.

Airconditioning doesn't help much. You have to get out of your room sometime, right? And the few minutes you spend away from the artificially cooled air is enough to reduce you to a melted puddle.  I have picked up the habit of carrying a little folding hand fan with me wherever I go.  Water is my best friend and I think I must have drunk 3 or 4 liters of it today.

Weather like this makes me want to run off to the beach -- and stay there till the rainy season starts.

Oh to be back in Boracay, water a glistening aquamarine, the sand dazzling white and fine like sugar


Or in Laiya, Batangas, chilling under the shade of a nipa hut

Or taking a  long, cool drink while relaxing in one of these swing chairs


Just to sit still and let the cool ocean wind blow around me, the sound of the waves a soothing song to a tired mind and body
Water please.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...